The signs were all there. I just chose to ignore all of them. I had just decided to go on a roadtrip to the most inhospitable of all Himalayan regions with two city slickers who wouldn’t sleep on some sticky pillows if their life depended on it. I just didn’t see it coming.
So what if the journey back home was a nightmare I saw with open eyes. So what if the stink in me did not go away for a week. So what if I ended up getting scammed by a God-man even after I did everything to help him. So what if Tip-in Point was fogged out. It was one hell of a ride!
Okay. Plan changed.
Spiti is not going anywhere. Ladakh almost did. It is time to give back. So we have decided to forget Spiti for the time being and go to Ladakh instead. We will be helping out with the relief work there to our best possible extent. We are also trying to gather some help – monetary and otherwise – and direct them to the appropriate agencies.
Tragedy has struck in paradise. Ladakh is under massive mudslides after heavy rains from a cloudburst. Heaven has been turned into a war zone.
So I am going to Spiti Valley. In September. That shaded region in the map with the black lines showing approximate route taken to get there. Apparently its a very beautiful place.